Serves 4 big hearty tummies
4 large pork cutlets
1/2 cup plum sauce (I used Lee Kum Kee marinade)
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1 tbs sriracha sauce
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs dark soy sauce
1 1/2 tbs honey
Apple slaw ingredients:
2 apples, thinly sliced
2 celery sticks, peeled into ribbons
0g packet rocket and spinach salad mix
2 tbs rice wine vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp sesame oils, lightly toasted
1. Place the pork cutlets in a large bowl and add the 1/4 cup plum sauce, sriracha, Chinese five spice, 1 tbs soy sauce and 1 tbs honey. Using a pastry brush, swipe the sauce around the cutlets in the back, up the front and on the sides. Sauce that pork up!
2. Reserve 1 cup of plum sauce with the dark soy sauce.
3. Heat a large fry pan under high heat, add oil. Add pork and sizzle for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Reduce heat to medium. Flip the pork cutlet around, brush dark soy sauce and 1/4 plum sauce onto each side and sizzle until slightly brown, glazed and cooked through. Transfer to a fresh plate and set aside.
4. Toast sesame seeds on low heat and stir occasionally until golden.
5. Next combine the rocket and spinach salad, sliced apple and celery in a large bowl. Drizzle with rice vinegar, sesame oil, 1 tsp soy sauce and remaining honey over salad mix and toss to combine.
6. Divide the apple slaw and pork among serving plates. Sprinkle on top of the pork with toasted sesame seeds.
Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy the recipe!